Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Tuesday congratulated Dinganglung Gangmei (Dipu), the newly-elected chairman of Hill Areas Committee (HAC) of the Manipur Legislative Assembly.
Taking to his Twitter handle, CM Biren Singh wrote, “Congratulations to Hon’ble MLA, Shri Dinganglung Gangmei (Dipu) on being elected as the Chairman of Hill Areas Committee (HAC).”
Looking forward to working with you to further enhance the process of peace and development in the hills of Manipur, added Singh.
BJP MLA Dipu Gangmei of Nungba assembly constituency in Tamenglong district was elected unopposed as the new HAC chairman. He was the lone person to have submitted the nomination paper till the last date, which was Monday (April 11).
A bureaucrat-turned-politician, Dipu Gangmei defeated senior Congress leader and former Deputy Chief Minister Gaikhangam in the recently-held state assembly elections.
The Hill Areas Committee constituted under the Manipur Legislative Assembly (HAC) order, 1972, consists of all elected MLAs from the hill areas as its members. It is the highest body at the legislative level to oversee the planning, implementation and monitoring of related development activities of the hill areas in the state.
- NFR revises stoppage time of trains to help farmers transport products
- Turning data into sound to listen to whispers of the universe (and more)
- Shillong Morning Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for August 19
- Tripura: IPFT’s silence destroyed its political prospects, says TIPRA chief
- Meghalaya: One dead, another critically injured in coal-mining incident
- West Bengal reports 436 new COVID-19 cases, 3 deaths