Imphal: The newly-formed Manipur government will conduct its first assembly session of the 12th Manipur Legislative Assembly from March 24 onwards.
The first session of the Assembly will begin with an address of the Governor.
Meanwhile, the election for the post of the Speaker of the 12th Manipur Legislative Assembly will also be held on the same day at 9 am before the session begins, an official said on Tuesday.
Currently, BJP MLA S Rajen Singh is the Protem Speaker appointed by the Governor. He administered the oaths of secrecy to the office to the newly-elected 60 MLAs on March 14.
On Tuesday, Chief Minister N Biren Singh chaired the first cabinet meeting at the CM’s Secretariat in Imphal. The meeting was attended by newly-sworn in ministers namely Th Biswajit Singh, Yumnam Khemchand, Govindas Konthoujam, Nemcha Kipgen and Awangbow Newmai.
During the meeting, the cabinet resolved the Governor to summoned the first session of the 12th Manipur Legislative Assembly on Thursday at 10 am and to deliver the Governor’s address at 11 am.
The cabinet also decided to implement a five-day work week for government offices, without affecting essential services. It was decided that working hours will be increased on working days.
Similarly, to enable proper home management and case traffic congestion, the cabinet also decided to change the school timing with classes starting from 8 am.
- India’s budget will be ray of hope for world: PM Modi
- Northeast India weather: Winter chill to give way to warmer days
- Guaranteed win: Ex-Tripura MLA’s family is contesting from 3 parties
- Nagaland 2023: Ceasefire board bans NSCN groups from carrying arms
- Death toll rises to 90 in Pakistan mosque suicide bombing
- Leprosy prevalence rate down to 0.45 per 10k population in 2021-22: Minister