Imphal: Manipur police on Thursday seized three weapons used in an alleged blank firing during a victory procession to celebrate the winning of Kimneo Hangshing, newly elected MLA from Saikul constituency, said the official.
Kimneo Hangshing, the youngest among the 60 elected legislators of the Manipur Legislative Assembly, won the recently-concluded state polls on a Kuki People’s Alliance (KPA) party ticket.
According to the police, a search operation was carried out by a team of Saikul police led by ASI L Lupheng, under overall supervision of Kangpopkpi SP Amrita Sinha. The weapons were seized from T Gamnom designated camp, it said.
A case has been registered under section 153 AA, 336, 34 IPC and 25(9) A Act, it said.
Earlier, three cadres of Kuki Revolutionary Army (KRA) were arrested for allegedly blank firing several rounds in the air using the arms in a rash or negligent manner at Lhungtin village near T Gamnom designated camp during a victory procession in Kangpokpi district on March 10.
Army chief visits Eastern Army Command; reviews operational preparedness
- Stage set for inauguration of new Parliament building by PM on Sunday
- Insurance Industry comes together for life insurance awareness in Mizoram
- How the practice of Nichiren Buddhism sustained Tina Turner for 50 years
- Nepal starts exporting electricity to India
- Naga Students’ Federation to rebuild building vandalised by miscreants
- Separate admin right solution to end violence in Manipur: Cong leader