Imphal: Caretaker Chief Minister of Manipur, N Biren Singh, took oath along with the other newly-elected members of the 12th Manipur Legislative Assembly at the Assembly Hall in Imphal.
S Rajen Singh, the protem assembly speaker, administered the oath of secrecy.
The 2022 assembly will have 20 new faces, including four women.
The 60 MLAs include 32 from BJP, seven from NPP, six of JD (U), five each from the Congress and NPF, two from KPA and three independent candidates.
Taking to his Twitter handle, Singh said, “I’m privileged and honoured to have sworn in as a Member of the 12th Manipur Legislative Assembly at the Assembly Hall in Imphal today.”
The oath-taking ceremony was also attended by chief secretary Rajesh Kumar, DGP P Doungel, Rajya Sabha MP L Sanajaoba among other state officials.
- China opposes India’s reported plan to hold G20 meeting in J&K
- Recognise ‘Sarna’ religion for Adivasis, we are not Hindu: Assam, other tribals
- We call for full respect of all religions: UN spokesperson on Udaipur killing
- Shillong-based folk-fusion outfit Summersalt releases sophomore album
- National Doctors’ Day: Significance, History, Wishes and Messages
- Women’s Hockey WC: Netherlands start as firm faves, India aim for a first