Imphal: In connection with the forthcoming General Election to Manipur Legislative Assembly 2022, a dry run for urgent evacuation of polling and security personnel by helicopter from remote locations for immediate medical care was conducted on Thursday.
The helicopter started from Bir Tikendrajit International Airport, Imphal to Kangla – Kangla to Parbung – back to Kangla – Kangla to Kasom Khullen – back to Kangla – back to Bir Tikendrajit International Airport, Imphal.
It may be mentioned that the helicopter will be stationed at Bir Tikendrajit International Airport on February 27 to March 1, 2022 for the Phase-I polls to be held on February 28 in five electoral districts. For Phase-II polling, which is scheduled to be held on March 5 in six electoral districts, the helicopter will be stationed at the Airport from 4th to 6th March 4 to 6.
As per the Medical Emergency Response Plan, the helicopter, after airlifting casualty polling and security personnel from remote location, will land at Kangla. Two Helicopter Rapid Response Teams (one each from Imphal East and Imphal West) will station with full preparedness for evacuation of causalities to hospitals. The composition of the Helicopter Rapid Response Team will consists of four doctors, six nurses and six paramedics.
Additional Chief Electoral Officer, Naorem Praveen Singh, OSD (Election) Ganesh Nagarajan and State Nodal Officer (Health) Dr Tomcha Khuman also took part in the dry run for evacuation of polling and security personnel.
- International Joke Day 2022: Jokes to make your loved ones laugh
- China opposes India’s reported plan to hold G20 meeting in J&K
- Recognise ‘Sarna’ religion for Adivasis, we are not Hindu: Assam, other tribals
- We call for full respect of all religions: UN spokesperson on Udaipur killing
- Shillong-based folk-fusion outfit Summersalt releases sophomore album
- National Doctors’ Day: Significance, History, Wishes and Messages