Imphal: Former chief spokesperson of Manipur BJP Chongtham Bijoy Singh on Wednesday moved the court and filed a case against state party chief Adhikarimayum Sarda Devi for “unconstitutionally” removing him from the party.
Bijoy Singh filed the suit against the party chief under Section 34 of the Specific Relief Act, 1963, with a prayer for declaration with consequential reliefs.
After the case was heard through a video conferencing, the Court of the Civil Judge (junior division) of Imphal West has summoned the BJP chief to appear before the court on February 24.
“You are hereby summoned to appear in this court in person or by a pleader duly instructed, and able to answer all material in question relating to this application on February 24 at 10:30 am to answer the claim,” said civil judge in-charge Heeralata Moirangthem in a order.
The BJP chief was also directed to file on the day a written statement in her defence and to produce the same on the said day.
It maybe noted that Manipur BJP chief Sarda Devi has expelled the party spokesman for six years for violating the party’s rules and regulations.
- After pineapple, Tripura eyes GI tags for shidol, orange, scented lemon
- In a first, Kyrgyzstan wrestler wins Hornbill Naga wrestling C’ship
- Germany sees Nagaland as a destination for experiential tourism
- ZPM sweeps Mizoram elections
- Nagaland: 2 years on, Konyaks, NSF remember Oting incident
- AK Mishra an advisor to Home Ministry, not an interlocutor: Tripura CM