It is no surprise that women from one Indian state are defying all odds to play football and are excelling at it.
In the past couple of decades, such has been the dominance of Manipur in football that it is common to see almost half the squad of the Indian football team coming from this state of barely 3 million people.
Manipur, home to legends like the Late Dingko Singh, MC Mary Kom, and India’s latest superstar Mirabai Chanu, has shown outstanding performance in the athletic arena despite its struggle on the socio-economic front.
In this episode of Decoded, we talk about how the northeastern state of Manipur rose to become the subcontinent’s superstar sporting destination.
Also read: Assam’s Riyan Parag is an IPL Crorepati Now
- What is ‘heteropessimism’, and why do men and women suffer from it?
- IAF receives over 2L applications under Agnipath scheme in 6 days
- Having ‘intensive engagement’ with India, others on Russian oil price cap: US
- Colombia seeks India’s support for harnessing space technology
- SL President calls Putin; plans to visit UAE for fuel imports: Report
- India plans network of marine research stations in Pacific Island nations