Imphal: Manipur continues to witness a surge in COVID-19 cases, with 411 more persons testing positive and three people dying on Sunday.
The daily positivity rate shot up to 16.4 per cent and confirmed cases are 1,30,072 while the death toll stands at 2,025.
The state has 3,413 active cases of which 1,133 are in home isolation.
Among the fresh cases, 164 are from Imphal West, 81 from Imphal East, 28 from Churachandpur, 26 from Thoubal, 16 from Kakching, 11 each from Bishnupur and Tengnoupal, nine from Chandel, four from Kangpokpi, three each from Jiribam and Noney, two from Senapati and one from Ukhrul.
Of the three deaths, two were from Churachandpur and one from Imphal West. All of them were vaccinated, however, two had co-morbidities, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
In the last 24 hours, 134 more persons were discharged, and the recovery rate stands at 95.82%.
The state has reported 39 cases of Omicron variant so far.
- Imran Khan gives 6-day ultimatum to Pakistan govt to announce fresh polls
- PM Modi to inaugurate India’s biggest drone festival
- BTS: Korean brand apologises for ‘editing’ Jungkook’s tattoo in ad
- Mamata condoles death of 5 Bengal trekkers in Uttarakhand
- Int’l river conclave in Guwahati from May 28-29
- NRL contributes Rs 2.5 crore to Assam Chief Minister’s Relief Fund