Imphal: Manipur continues to witness a surge in COVID-19 cases, with 411 more persons testing positive and three people dying on Sunday.
The daily positivity rate shot up to 16.4 per cent and confirmed cases are 1,30,072 while the death toll stands at 2,025.
The state has 3,413 active cases of which 1,133 are in home isolation.
Among the fresh cases, 164 are from Imphal West, 81 from Imphal East, 28 from Churachandpur, 26 from Thoubal, 16 from Kakching, 11 each from Bishnupur and Tengnoupal, nine from Chandel, four from Kangpokpi, three each from Jiribam and Noney, two from Senapati and one from Ukhrul.
Of the three deaths, two were from Churachandpur and one from Imphal West. All of them were vaccinated, however, two had co-morbidities, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
In the last 24 hours, 134 more persons were discharged, and the recovery rate stands at 95.82%.
The state has reported 39 cases of Omicron variant so far.
Col Rawat, brother of Late Gen Bipin Rawat, not to contest polls
- Over 11% Indians diabetic, 36% have hypertension: Lancet survey
- Meghalaya: Garo Hills NGO questions law against ‘standing passengers’
- Sans Darjeeling leaf: Other tea types see big rise in demand in Sale 23
- China’s Qinghai-Tibet ecosystem legislation is a landmark, but for whom?
- 50 new medical colleges approved in India this year: Sources
- Tripura to develop ‘Weekend tourism hub’ around Ujjayanta Palace