Imphal: The National People’s Party (NPP) on Monday released its list of 20 candidates, including two women, for the ensuing elections to the 60 member of the Manipur Legislative assembly polls scheduled on February 27 and March 3 on two phases.
As per the list, deputy chief minister Y Joykumar Singh is contesting from Uripok assembly constituency.
On Sunday, NPP led by its chief Conrad Sangma, also the chief minister of Meghalaya, released the election manifesto in Manipur which mentions the repealing of the draconian law AFSPA from the state and protection of indigenous rights are among its top agendas.
The first list also include former ministers and MLAs L Jayantakumar and N Kayisii contesting from Keishamthong and Tadubi assembly constituencies, respectively.
After the NPP leader and YAS minister Letpao Haokip switched his party allegiance to BJP recently, the NPP has fielded Lunkhopao (Apao) Haopik in Chandel constituency for the upcoming polls.
In 2017, Haokip was elected from Chandel assembly constituency with an NPP ticket. However, after joining BJP, he is likely to change the seat and contest from Tengnoupal assembly constituency.
- Assam: G20 delegates mesmerised by diverse culture and hospitality
- India, France, UAE unveil plan for cooperation under trilateral framework
- Sri Lanka must correct its ‘errors and failures’: President at 75th I-Day
- Nagaland govt restrict drugs sale to fight drug menace, pharma trafficking
- Assam: Chargesheet against doctors, magistrate in minor’s murder case
- Nagaland: Rs. 28.96 cr in cash, IMFL, drugs seized ahead of Assembly polls