Imphal: Manipur continue to witnessed a surge in COVID-19 positive cases over the week even as 448 more persons tested positive for the coronavirus, taking the daily positivity rate up to 15.2%.
Two more persons succumbed to the virus in the last 24 hours, taking the cumulative number of confirmed positive cases to 1,28,679 and death toll at 2,017.
Among the new positive cases, 201 are from Imphal West, 72 from Imphal East, 66 from Churachandpur, 22 from Jiribam, 15 from Bishnupur, 11 from Thoubal, nine from Kakching, seven from Kangpokpi, four each from Tamenglong and Senapati, and two each Chandel and Ukhrul.
Of the two deaths, one was from Imphal West and the other from Imphal East. Both of them had co-morbidities and neither of them was vaccinated, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
At present, Manipur has a total of 2,384 active COVID-19 cases, of which 722 are in home isolation.
Meanwhile, in the last 24 hours, 66 more persons have been discharged and the state’s recovery rate stands at 96.58 percent.
Muhurat, poster release of Assamese feature film ‘Gangs of a Family’
- What Greek mythology teaches us about women’s resistance and rebellion
- Yuva Sangam great initiative to promote people-to-people connect: PM
- World’s oldest Homo sapiens footprint identified on South Africa’s Cape south coast
- China’s first domestically built plane makes its maiden commercial flight
- New Parl building will be witness to India’s growth: VP Dhankhar
- Rahul Gandhi gets new passport, set to travel to US on Monday