Imphal: Manipur continues to witnessed a sudden surge of COVID-19 positive cases in the last few days. On Tuesday, 380 more persons tested positive for COVID-19, taking the total tally of confirmed cases in the state to 1,27,873.
The daily positivity rate is 14.0 per cent.
However, there is no death report in the last 24 hours. The cumulative number of death stood at 2,015.
Among the new positive cases, 148 are from Imphal West, 79 from Imphal East, 73 from Churachandpu, 24 from Kangpokpi, 16 each from Thoubal and Bishnupur, five from Ukhrul, three from Kakching, two each from Tamenglong, Senapati and Chandel and one each from Noney and Tengnoupal.
At present, a total of 1,791 persons remain as active cases, in which 494 are in home isolation.
Meanwhile, in the last 24 hours, 46 more persons have been discharged and the state’s recovery rate is 97.02 per cent.
Mizoram reports 1,280 new COVID-19 cases, death toll rises to 573
- Pakistan out of economic vulnerability phase: Finance Minister Dar
- Army unveils trophy of ‘Red Shield Assam Badminton’ tourney
- USTM mulls centre for sustainable development for Northeast
- Manipur: 130 weapons deposited in Imphal arms ‘dropbox’
- Arunachal to focus on people’s support for sustainable development
- ‘Biparjoy’ likely to intensify into extremely severe cyclonic storm in 12 hrs: IMD