Imphal: In the last 24 hours, 32 more cases of COVID-19’s Omicron variant have been detected in Manipur, taking the total tally to 39.
As per a press statement issued by health director Dr K Rajo Sing, the new cases of the Omicron variant were detected from various districts of the state.
As the Omicron variant is spreading fast in various countries, all are advised to adhere to COVID-19 appropriate behaviour and get vaccinated, said Dr Rajo Singh.
He further urged the general public to wear face masks as it has been found effective against all variants of COVID-19.
“Be alert and do not panic,” he added.
On Monday, 235 more persons have tested positive for COVID-19 in the state, taking the cumulative number of coronavirus is 1,27,493.
Meanwhile, in the last 24 hours, no death has been reported due to the virus. The total death tally remains at 2,015. A batch of 60 persons were discharged, pushing the recovery rate to 97.28 percent, whereas the positive rate in a day is 11.9 per cent.
At present, the total number of active cases in the state is 1,457, in which 382 persons are on home isolation.
Fact check: Can Rhododendron help fight COVID-19?
- IIT Madras develops portable device to detect milk adulteration
- Xi’s Moscow trip shows peace in Ukraine isn’t China’s main concern
- SC to hear pleas challenging validity of 1991 law on religious places
- UK PM Rishi Sunak launches crackdown on ‘anti-social behaviour’
- Not many players are as hungry to score as I am: Sunil Chhetri
- Indian football team to go all out vs Kyrgyz Republic in Tri-Nation title decider