Imphal: In the last 24 hours, Manipur has reported 116 new cases of COVID-19 positive and one person succumbed due to the virus. With it, the state’s total caseload pushed to 1,26,344 and the death toll has reached 2,012.
Among the new positive cases, 39 were from Imphal West, 25 from Imphal East, 21 from Churachandpur, nine from Jiribam, five from Senapati, four from Thoubal, three each from Kakching and Kangpokpi, two from Bishnupur and one each from Chandel, Noney, Tamenglong, Tengnoupal and Ukhrul.
A single death was reported on Tuesday was from Imphal East. The deceased had co-morbidities and had taken only the first dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
On Tuesday, 14 more persons were discharged, taking the total recovered persons is 1,23,793 and the recovery rate is 97.98 per cent.
At present, the total number of active cases is 539.
- India hands over six tonnes of relief materials to quake-hit Syria
- This V-Day, hug a cow to preserve ‘Vedic’ tradition: Animal Welfare Dept
- Assam, Mizoram committed to solve border dispute: DCs
- Meghalaya HC wants use of CAPF to stop illegal mining of coal
- Anti-child marriage drive illegal, targeting Muslims: Akhil Gogoi
- More than one in two cancer patients experience long Covid: Study