Imphal: Manipur Pradesh Congress Committee (MPCC) has lodged a complaint in Imphal against the BJP youth wing, BJYM president, and other party workers involved in mob action.
MPCC general secretary Hareshwar Goshwami stated that around 20 to 30 members of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha (BJYM) led by president Barish Sharma “attacked the main gate of the MPCC with deadly weapons like sticks, stones and unidentified tools on Thursday evening at around 5 pm”.
It further alleged that members of the BJYM kicked, punched and pushed the youth Congress and NSUI office-bearers standing at the office gate while shouting unparliamentary and using provocative slogans. They also torched effigies of our national leaders in front of the MPCC office, it added.
It may be mentioned here that a day after the security breach incident of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit in Punjab, members of Manipur BJP youth wing, the BJYM, staged a protest. During the protest, they burnt effigies of Congress president Sonia Gandhi and general secretary Rahul Gandhi in front of Manipur Congress headquarters in Imphal on Thursday evening.
- US has made Pakistan a slave without invading it: Imran Khan
- Govt to launch prog to support TB patients
- Eleven MLAs take oath as ministers in Tripura
- Is 365 Days: This Day a worthy sequel?
- On rollercoaster ride, SRH meet MI in must-win game
- Over 400 submitted fake certificates for police recruitment: Assam DGP