Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Monday launched the COVID-19 vaccination drive for children aged between 15 and 18 years at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital in the Imphal East district.
Launching the vaccination drive, CM Biren Singh urged the children eligible for the vaccine to get vaccinated at the earliest.
Taking to his Twitter handle, CM Biren Singh said, “The entire Nation is thankful to PM Narendra Modi for initiating the vaccination drive for children aged 15-18. I’m pleased to have launched Manipur’s Covid vaccination drive for children at JNIMS today.”
The vaccine will be available in all sub-centres, primary health centres and district hospitals across the state, Singh said.
Amid the Omicron surge, India began its COVID-19 vaccination drive for children aged 15-18 on Monday. The vaccine option for this age group would be Covaxin.
- Beyond Bharat Jodo: Can a Third Front challenge BJP-Congress hegemony?
- Tripura 2023: Union min Pratima Bhoumik files nomination for Dhanpur
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group