Imphal: Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh on Monday launched the COVID-19 vaccination drive for children aged between 15 and 18 years at the Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences (JNIMS) Hospital in the Imphal East district.
Launching the vaccination drive, CM Biren Singh urged the children eligible for the vaccine to get vaccinated at the earliest.
Taking to his Twitter handle, CM Biren Singh said, “The entire Nation is thankful to PM Narendra Modi for initiating the vaccination drive for children aged 15-18. I’m pleased to have launched Manipur’s Covid vaccination drive for children at JNIMS today.”
The vaccine will be available in all sub-centres, primary health centres and district hospitals across the state, Singh said.
Amid the Omicron surge, India began its COVID-19 vaccination drive for children aged 15-18 on Monday. The vaccine option for this age group would be Covaxin.
- Seven held with tiger, deer skins during ‘prosperity’ ritual in MP
- Mizoram reports 1,280 new COVID-19 cases, death toll rises to 573
- U-19 World Cup: India eye improved batting performance vs Ireland
- Manipur 2022: Cong expels Thangmeiband MLA Kh Joykisan
- Volcanic ash delays aid to Tonga as scale of damage emerges
- India vs SA: First time in 7 years, all eyes on Kohli the batter in ODIs