Imphal: Assam Rifles and Manipur Police arrested an insurgent of the proscribed group PREPAK (PRO) on Friday. According to an official, the insurgent was arrested from the Thoubal district.
The Keithelmanbi Battalion of Assam Rifles and the Manipur Police launched an operation based on specific inputs.
The arrested insurgent was handed over to the Thoubal Police Station for further investigation, the official added.
In a separate operation, the Assam Rifles foiled cross-border narcotics trafficking at Khudengthabi in Tengnoupal district on Thursday.
Troops of Assam Rifles recovered 1.667 kg suspected brown sugar concealed in a vehicle, worth Rs 3.33 crore.
Recovered items, along with the driver and the vehicle, were handed over to the Moreh Police Station for further legal action.
- Volcanic ash delays aid to Tonga as scale of damage emerges
- India vs SA: First time in 7 years, all eyes on Kohli the batter in ODIs
- Demand for relaxing partial lockdown measures in tourism sector in Bengal
- Dhanush-Aishwaryaa split after 18 years leaves fans stunned
- Arunachal boy Ongbem Mossang brings cheers to his village
- Pornography case: SC grants protection from arrest to Poonam Pandey