Imphal: Assam Rifles and Manipur Police arrested an insurgent of the proscribed group PREPAK (PRO) on Friday. According to an official, the insurgent was arrested from the Thoubal district.
The Keithelmanbi Battalion of Assam Rifles and the Manipur Police launched an operation based on specific inputs.
The arrested insurgent was handed over to the Thoubal Police Station for further investigation, the official added.
In a separate operation, the Assam Rifles foiled cross-border narcotics trafficking at Khudengthabi in Tengnoupal district on Thursday.
Troops of Assam Rifles recovered 1.667 kg suspected brown sugar concealed in a vehicle, worth Rs 3.33 crore.
Recovered items, along with the driver and the vehicle, were handed over to the Moreh Police Station for further legal action.
- Assam: Kailash Satyarthi lauds state govt’s efforts to end child marriages
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group
- This is how they waste precious time of SC: Rijiju on those moving court on BBC documentary
- Sikkim: Nepalese word not in petition, says association on ‘immigrant row’