Imphal: The tribal student bodies in Manipur on Monday have urged the state government to release the pending scholarships for the ST students at the earliest.
In a joint statement by All Tribal Students’ Union Manipur (ATSUM), All Naga Students’ Association Manipur (ANSAM) and Kuki Students’ Organisation (KSO-GHQ) stated that students belonging to SC and OBC have already received their scholarships from the government “with pomp and show”.
However, those students belonging to the ST category are still looking forward to welcoming their scholarships, the groups stated.
It also mentioned that the issue had been earlier raised by the All College Tribal Students’ Union Imphal (ACTSUI) before the Director of Tribal Affairs and Hill, Government of Manipur. However, the state government is yet to respond to their demands, it said.
“This lackadaisical attitude towards ST students has made the students feel discriminated against by the government,” said the tribal student body.
We would like to appeal to the state government of Manipur to release the pending scholarships at the earliest, the joint statement added.
- Indus Water Treaty a technical matter, both countries will talk to each other: Jaishankar
- US venture capitalists hope India’s Budget 2023 strengthens startup ecosystem
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row
- Arunachal CM asks BJP workers not to allow ‘money culture’ during elections
- Widows of deceased employee entitled to family pension: Gauhati HC