Imphal: Security forces arrested two active cadres of the proscribed groups United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) in two separate operations in Imphal East and Kakching districts on Sunday, said an official.
Based on specific inputs, Mantripukhri, Keithelmanbi and Phundrei Battalions of Assam Rifles ,under the aegis of IGAR (south) along with Manipur Police, launched a joint operation which led to these apprehensions.
As per the official report, three 9mm pistols, one .22 mm pistol and 43 live rounds were also recovered from the UNLF insurgent.
The arrested insurgents, along with recovered arms and ammunition, have been handed over to Manipur Police for further investigation, it said.
- Village proud as Assam’s Lt Siddhartha Sinha commands regiment at R-Day
- Sonu Nigam, Chandraprakash Dwivedi ‘humbled, honoured’ to be awarded Padma Shri
- Two AFC staff could be infected with COVID-19: Dennerby
- US approves major arms sale to Egypt despite rights concerns
- Iranian president says nuke deal possible if sanctions lifted
- Tabla Maestro Anindya Chatterjee also refuses Padma award