Imphal: Security forces arrested two active cadres of the proscribed groups United National Liberation Front (UNLF) and Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) in two separate operations in Imphal East and Kakching districts on Sunday, said an official.
Based on specific inputs, Mantripukhri, Keithelmanbi and Phundrei Battalions of Assam Rifles ,under the aegis of IGAR (south) along with Manipur Police, launched a joint operation which led to these apprehensions.
As per the official report, three 9mm pistols, one .22 mm pistol and 43 live rounds were also recovered from the UNLF insurgent.
The arrested insurgents, along with recovered arms and ammunition, have been handed over to Manipur Police for further investigation, it said.
- India’s dream of ‘techade’ will be fulfilled by innovators, their patents: PM
- UNSC does not reflect today’s realities, is paralysed: UNGA chief
- Indus Water Treaty a technical matter, both countries will talk to each other: Jaishankar
- US venture capitalists hope India’s Budget 2023 strengthens startup ecosystem
- PIL filed in SC challenging Centre’s decision to ban BBC documentary
- UK PM Rishi Sunak sacks Tory party chief over tax penalty row