Imphal: Two cadres of the proscribed group People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK-Pro) were arrested by the security forces along the Indo-Myanmar border in Chandel district in Manipur on Wednesday, said an official.
As per the official report, based on specific input, troops of Sajik Tampak Battalion of Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) launched the operation near the Indo-Myanmar border, which led to the arrests.
The arrested insurgents have been handed over to Manipur Police for further investigation, it said.
- Sikkim Republic Day celebration to be low-key
- Arunachal R-Day tableau to display Anglo-Abor Wars
- ‘Bulli Bai’ case accused used Sikh names to create animosity: Cops to court
- Meghalaya oposition attacks govt, says illegal coal mining continues
- Women’s AFC Asian Cup to proceed as long as there are 13 players: Praful Patel
- Republic Day flypast this year will be ‘grandest’ with 75 aircraft: IAF