Imphal: Two cadres of the proscribed group People’s Revolutionary Party of Kangleipak (PREPAK-Pro) were arrested by the security forces along the Indo-Myanmar border in Chandel district in Manipur on Wednesday, said an official.
As per the official report, based on specific input, troops of Sajik Tampak Battalion of Assam Rifles under the aegis of IGAR (South) launched the operation near the Indo-Myanmar border, which led to the arrests.
The arrested insurgents have been handed over to Manipur Police for further investigation, it said.
- JD(U) announces first candidate for Nagaland election
- Assam: Swaheed Krishak Diwas observed in Patharighat
- CPI(M) demands high-level probe against Adani Group
- This is how they waste precious time of SC: Rijiju on those moving court on BBC documentary
- Sikkim: Nepalese word not in petition, says association on ‘immigrant row’
- Human activity degraded over a third of remaining Amazon forest: Study