Imphal: Three foreign returnees have tested positive for COVID-19 in Manipur, a health department official said.
Of the three persons, two returned from Amsterdam in the Netherlands and one from Canada, the official said.
All the three persons are residents of Manipur’s Imphal West district and they arrived at Bir Tikendrajit International Airport here on Sunday.
The three persons have been admitted to Jawaharlal Nehru Institute of Medical Sciences Hospital for treatment on Monday, the official said.
Their samples will be sent for genome sequencing to find whether they have been infected by the Omicron variant of COVID-19, the official added.
Manipur: JNU PhD scholar threatened with rape, murder in the name of marriage
- India to host Miss World pageant for the first time in 27 years
- What is organic food and how to identify organic products?
- India’s Samudrayaan project on track: Rijiju
- Heatwave conditions likely to continue for 3 more days in Bengal
- Nagaland: 16-yr-old Tenloi Phom secures silver in National school games
- Arunachal athletes battling for life after deadly accident