Imphal: Security forces under the aegis of IGAR (south) foiled a cross-border narcotics trafficking syndicate and seized drugs worth of Rs 5 crore at Tengnoupal district of Manipur on December 4, said an official.
According to the official report, during a routine at vehicle check-post, troops of Tengnoupal Battalion of Assam Rifles intercepted a vehicle moving from Moreh to Pallel.
On thorough checking of vehicle, a bag containing one lakh WIY tablets from an individual were recovered. Three drug traffickers were also arrested, it said.
The seized narcotics along with the vehicle and the drug traffickers have been handed over to Tengnoupal Police for further investigation, it added.
- International aid reaches Tonga with clean water, supplies
- Omicron in community transmission stage, dominant in metros: INSACOG
- UAE bans private drones after deadly attack on Abu Dhabi
- True honour to Netaji would be to follow his ideology of inclusivity & secularism: family
- BJP eyeing 2/3rd majority in Manipur; Open to post-poll alliance: CM
- India’s economy has bright spots, a number of very dark stains: Raghuram Rajan