Imphal: Security forces under the aegis of IGAR (south) foiled a cross-border narcotics trafficking syndicate and seized drugs worth of Rs 5 crore at Tengnoupal district of Manipur on December 4, said an official.
According to the official report, during a routine at vehicle check-post, troops of Tengnoupal Battalion of Assam Rifles intercepted a vehicle moving from Moreh to Pallel.
On thorough checking of vehicle, a bag containing one lakh WIY tablets from an individual were recovered. Three drug traffickers were also arrested, it said.
The seized narcotics along with the vehicle and the drug traffickers have been handed over to Tengnoupal Police for further investigation, it added.
- ZPM sweeps Mizoram elections
- Nagaland: 2 years on, Konyaks, NSF remember Oting incident
- AK Mishra an advisor to Home Ministry, not an interlocutor: Tripura CM
- Mizoram elections: Zoramthanga resigns after MNF loss
- Despite having a simple plot, David Fincher’s ‘The Killer’ is an intriguing film
- New milestone: Three women emerge winners in Mizoram elections