Imphal: A six hours total shutdown was imposed in Ukhrul and Senapati districts in Manipur on Monday from 6 am to 12 noon in protest against the brutal killings of 13 unarmed civilians while injuring several others by the security forces in Nagaland’s Mon district.
The total shutdown was imposed in response to the call of the Naga Students’ Federation (NSF) for a six-hour total shutdown across Naga inhabited areas.
A notification issued by Tangkhul Katamnao Saklong (TKS) said, “We stand in solidarity with our Naga brethren in Oting, and mourns the lives lost.” They urged the public to cooperate fully.
Medical emergencies, other emergency services, and students appearing for exams were exempted from the shutdown, it said.
Similarly, the Senapati District Students’ Association (SDSA) imposed the shutdown across the district for six hours to stand in solidarity and protest against the killing of innocent civilians in Oting village in Mon district in Nagaland on Saturday.
- Govt expects dividend of Rs 48,000 cr from RBI, PSU banks in FY24
- India, US ready to break down limits in defence cooperation: Experts
- Budget 2023: MGNREGS, Rural Ministry witness cut in allocations
- Two years after the military coup, Myanmar mired in bloody civil war
- SC asks WhatsApp to publicise undertaking given to Centre in 2021
- Budget ‘anti-people’, ‘opportunistic’: Mamata