Imphal: The Tengnoupal Battalion, under the aegis of IGAR (South), foiled the cross-border smuggling of illegal textile items near Chamol village in Tengnoupal district on 30 November, said the official.
According to the official report, based on information regarding the dumping of textile items, troops of Assam Rifles launched a search operation in the jungles near Chamol village and recovered 60 bags of foreign-origin illegal textile items worth Rs 3.50 crore.
The recovered items have been handed over to Custom Prevention Force, Pallel, for further legal action, it added.
- Mundka fire: Delhi Police writes to over 10 agencies for building documents
- Tripura records 18% rainfall deficit, but pre-monsoon rains to continue
- BJP misusing central agencies: Mamata amid SSC row
- US Special Coordinator for Tibetan Issues meets Dalai Lama
- Manipur: Landslides in Senapati district cut off around 10 villages
- People take shelter along Indo-Bangla border in Cachar to escape floods