Imphal: Troops of Assam Rifles, in a joint operation with Manipur Police, have arrested an insurgent belonging to People’s Liberation Army (PLA), a proscribed group based in Manipur, from Chandrakhong in Thoubal district on Wednesday.
According to an official statement, based on specific inputs, troops of Keithelmanbi Battalion of Assam Rifles along with Manipur Police launched an operation, which led to the apprehension.
The arrested insurgent has been handed over to the Nongpok Sekmai Police Station for further investigation, it said.
Manipur issues new travel advisory amid Omicron threat. Details here
- Meira Paibis form human chain ‘to safeguard territorial integrity’ of Manipur
- Mamata visiting Odisha train tragedy victims to get political dividend: BJP
- Tripura: Kamalasagar-Kasba border haat likely to reopen by July
- Active Covid cases in country decrease to 2,831
- It’s time to move beyond the welfare state to the wellbeing state
- Sikkim: 7 people injured in multi-vehicle collision in Ranipool