Imphal: Troops of Assam Rifles, in a joint operation with Manipur Police, have arrested an insurgent belonging to People’s Liberation Army (PLA), a proscribed group based in Manipur, from Chandrakhong in Thoubal district on Wednesday.
According to an official statement, based on specific inputs, troops of Keithelmanbi Battalion of Assam Rifles along with Manipur Police launched an operation, which led to the apprehension.
The arrested insurgent has been handed over to the Nongpok Sekmai Police Station for further investigation, it said.
- Crisis-hit Lanka planning to study oil exploration in Mannar Basin
- How Tinsukia Municipal Board chairman settled a family dispute
- Nagaland Lottery May 25: Check Dear Mercury Wednesday lottery result
- Tea association flags concern over floods in Barak Valley
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for May 25
- Together4DimaHasao: Civil society comes together to support flood victims