Imphal: A combined team of Assam Rifles and Manipur Police have busted a hideout of a proscribed insurgent outfit, and recovered a cache of arms and ammunition in Manipur’s Kangpokpi district, officials said.
Based on specific inputs regarding the presence of Zeliangrong United Front (J) group cadres, the team had launched a search operation at Nungjang village in Kangpokpi district on Tuesday, they said.
The militants managed to escape before the arrival of the security forces in Kangpokpi, the official said, adding, the arms and ammunition were recovered after conducting a thorough search of the area.
Further investigation is underway.
Sikkim: Philanthropist, painter, ex-legislator Thukchuk Lachungpa dies
- Many products are advertised as ‘paraben-free’: What is paraben?
- Abrupt floods and drought-like situations in Assam disrupt farming practices
- Assam: Bodofa Upendra Nath Brahma’s birth anniversary observed in Boko
- BJP conspiring against Rahul Gandhi to not let him contest 2024 LS polls: Mizoram Cong
- Assam: Oppn MLA moves bill for land rights in Brahmaputra’s char-chaporis
- Retail inflation for industrial workers remains flat at 6.16 pc in February