Imphal: At last five security personnel were injured when an escort vehicle of Manipur BJP president Adhikarimayum Sharda Devi met with a road accident in Noney district on Tuesday morning, as per party sources.
The state BJP chief’s vehicle was not involved in the road accident.
As per reports, following prompt instructions from Chief Minister N Biren Singh, one critically injured security personnel has been airlifted to a hospital in Imphal for treatment.
The accident took place when BJP chief Sharda Devi and her team were on their way to Noney district to attend the conference of the party being hosted in the hill district.
With the general elections in the state next year, all political parties, including the BJP, have geared up for intensive election campaign across the state.
- TIPRA Motha calls 12-hours strike on September 30
- Assam: Strike ends at NIT Silchar, Dean to be removed
- Manipur to lift internet ban today: CM Biren Singh
- How global corporate power is ‘out of control’ and its effects on democracy
- Dimapur railway station to be revamped at a cost of Rs 265.6 cr
- Arunachal CM upset over China’s refusal to grant visas to Wushu athletes