Imphal: At last five security personnel were injured when an escort vehicle of Manipur BJP president Adhikarimayum Sharda Devi met with a road accident in Noney district on Tuesday morning, as per party sources.
The state BJP chief’s vehicle was not involved in the road accident.
As per reports, following prompt instructions from Chief Minister N Biren Singh, one critically injured security personnel has been airlifted to a hospital in Imphal for treatment.
The accident took place when BJP chief Sharda Devi and her team were on their way to Noney district to attend the conference of the party being hosted in the hill district.
With the general elections in the state next year, all political parties, including the BJP, have geared up for intensive election campaign across the state.
- Baba Ramdev offers his two cents on Assam CM’s ‘motherhood age’ remark
- No visible sign of spending of Centre’s package for tea workers: TMC union
- Odisha health minister shot at by cop in Jharsuguda dist, accused held
- Assam govt to make docu on Patharughat peasant uprising: CM
- New Songs Sunday: Pray It Away, You Only Love Me & more
- NGT refrains from imposing Rs 1,000 crore fine on Assam