Imphal: Tengnoupal Battalion under the aegis of IGAR (South) foiled a cross border attempt at smuggling contraband near Khudengthabi village in Manipur’s Tengnoupal district on Friday, said an official.
An operation was launched by the troops of Assam Rifles on basis of a reliable input regarding movement of illegal items.
During the operation, a total of 51 packages containing liquor, furniture, cosmetic and electronic items were recovered.
The total estimated value of the recovered goods is assessed to be worth around Rs 67.93 lakh.
The recovered items have been handed over to the customs department in Moreh for further legal action, it said.
- Meghalaya: FIRs against two FB users over ‘objectionable’ posts
- Meghalaya: CM transfers Rs 30 cr to 60k farm households under FOCUS+
- Shillong-based media org launches comics at Comic Con Bengaluru
- Meghalaya: CM Sangma increases honorarium for Anganwadi workers
- Mizoram govt to set up an agricultural product marketing committee
- Assam: A nail-biting finish to Servo Brainjam Quiz Fest 2022