Imphal: In yet another major development against illegal activities the Keithelmanbi Battalion of Assam Rifles arrested two cadres of the banned Manipur-based terror outfits People’s Liberation Army (PLA) and Kangleipak Communist Party (KCP) in two separate operations in Bishnupur and Imphal East districts.
Based on specific inputs, troops of Assam Rifles along with Manipur Police launched joint operations leading to these apprehensions on Tuesday.
The arrested terrorists were handed over to Nambol and Irilbung Police Station for further investigation.
Also read: Laisram Angam Chand Singh appointed chairman of MPSC
- EC restarts review of recognised party status; hears 3 national, 6 state parties
- Renewed politics over validity of panchayat polls in Darjeeling raises its head
- Jairam writes to CBI chief to probe Amit Shah’s ‘Sangma govt most-corrupt’ remark
- We could’ve won by bigger scoreline: Stimac on India’s 1-0 win over Myanmar
- Over 100 delegates to participate in 2-day Dibrugarh G20 conference
- Border issue very complicated; but neither side want war, confrontation: Chinese envoy