Imphal: In a bid to cover maximum number of people under COVID-19 vaccination drive in the state, Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh flagged off 80 COVID-19 Vaccine Express vehicles at Khuman Lampak Indoor Stadium on Thursday.
These mobile vaccination vehicles will cover 13 districts in the next few days and vaccinate all eligible persons at their doorsteps, said CM Biren Singh on Facebook.
Earlier, a total of 40 such vehicles were flagged off by the chief minister for Imphal West, Imphal East and Senapati districts.
“I’m proud to announce that under the leadership of Hon’ble PM Narendra Modi Ji, Manipur has crossed the milestone of 20 lakh total vaccination,” the chief minister added.
The CM urged all eligible persons to get vaccinated and support the fight against the pandemic.
Care India, an NGO which focuses on holistic and sustainable changes for women empowerment, health and child education in rural areas, has provided 120 vehicles and staff for COVID-19 Vaccination Express under their CSR program.
As on November 10, a total of 20,33,082 persons have been vaccinated, of which 12,56,919 have got their first dose and 7,76,163 have completed the second dose in Manipur.
Also read: Kangana sparks outrage, says 1947 was ‘bheek’, India got ‘freedom’ in 2014
- Assam: Class 11 student killed after being hit by school bus in Guwahati
- Punjabi Lane residents agreed in principle to relocation: Meghalaya govt to HC
- Apple Vision Pro headset: what does it do and will it deliver?
- Cyclone Biparjoy rapidly intensifies into very severe cyclonic storm
- Construction of Eklavya Model Residential Schools to start soon: Meghalaya Education Min
- Mamata sends Bengal’s top varieties of mangoes to President, PM