At least six people, including one woman, were injured during a clash that witnessed bullets fired between rival factions at the Yairipok Yambem of Andro Assembly Constituency.
The injured were rushed to the hospital.
The incident took place on Monday on the outskirts of Imphal East.
According to reports, a verbal confrontation broke out between the workers of intending candidates L Sanjoy and Th Shyamkumar, a former Minister. Sources said that while the former Minister Thounaojam Shyamkumar was having a meeting in Yairipok Yambem when several people, especially supporters of L Sanjoy, also took out a rally at Yairipok Yambem. A scuffle soon followed leading to violence.
The police team rushed to the spot now controlled the situation with the additional support of a nearby police station. An investigation has been started and additional teams have been deployed to prevent further violence.
- Single-day COVID-19 recoveries surpass fresh cases in Arunachal
- State Bank of Sikkim: Chamling alleges massive corruption, CM counters
- Your unvaccinated friend is roughly 20 times more likely to give you COVID
- Indian who lived at Chicago airport undetected for 3 months acquitted
- Nagaland: 33% women reservation in Urban Local Bodies elections likely
- Soccer: Barcelona boots out coach Ronald Koeman