BJP National President JP Nadda arrived in Imphal today for his two-day visit to the poll-bound state of Manipur.
Manipur CM N Biren Singh, BJP National Executive Committee member Minister Th Biswarjit, BJP state president A Sharda Devi, BJP National Spokesperson & Manipur -in Charge Sambit Patra, BJP National General Secretary BL Santosh, BJP organisational general secretary Abhay Kumar Giri, among others, welcomed Nadda at the airport.
Nadda’s visit is aimed at boosting the BJP’s popularity in the state, where the party is eyeing to secure over 40 seats from 60 assembly seats in the upcoming state elections.
A day ahead of BJP national president JP Nadda’s visit to the poll-bound state of Manipur, another Congress leader and two-time Congress MLA of Moirang Assembly Constituency, M Prithiviraj Singh, joined the BJP on Friday evening.
M Prithviraj, the 2 time MLA of Moirang, quit the party and also dashed off his resignation from the post of MPCC general secretary yesterday.
- NEDA convener Himanta Biswa Sarma to visit violence-hit Manipur
- Manipur: Assam Rifles organises peace meet in Jiribam and Tamenlong
- Meghalaya: Rape accused convicted in West Garo Hills, gets 20 years in jail
- Pact inked to train Nagaland school teachers on disaster management
- Three more people killed, 2 injured in fresh violence in Manipur
- Manipur’s Naga MLAs want status quo in Naga tribal areas