Imphal: The Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Manipur celebrated the 152nd Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi by conducting a cleanliness drive in the Khuman Lampak Sports Complex area.
The drive was organised with an aim to persevere environment with the combined efforts of the society to bring about positive changes.
All the officials, staff and coaches of the Directorate office, East and West districts of the Department of Youth Affairs and Sports participated in the drive.
“Cleanliness and sanitation is very important for an individual as well as for the entire country, as taught by Bapuji. Such invaluable ideals is what we are celebrating today through this cleanliness drive that also encourages the spirit of voluntary work among the youths,” said T. Phulen Singh, Director of Youth Affairs and Sports, Manipur.
He also stressed on the need for everyone to learn about cleanliness, hygiene and sanitation. Cleanliness should be imbibed and inculcated as a habit, he added.
The director further acknowledged the role of sports and education towards the same and reiterated that the department will continue to uphold the ideal of cleanliness and be an example for others to follow.
The Department of Youth Affairs and Sports, Manipur, also conducted several events channelizing the energy of the athletes and youths towards the movement that aims at generating awareness about such issues.
- West Bengal: Kolkata to shut all hookah bars
- Rising People’s Party urges PM to impose Prez rule in Nagaland
- Assam youth dies in Mumbai after falling from 23-storey building
- Govt has taken many initiatives to create opportunities for persons with disabilities: PM Modi
- Assam: 2 teens held for attempting to rape 11-year-old girl in Sonitpur
- Pay property tax or else… Guwahati municipality warns defaulters