Imphal: Security forces apprehended an active cadre of proscribed militant outfit Zeliangrong United Front (ZUF), J group from Manipur’s Imphal West district, an Assam Rifles release said on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, a combined team of Assam Rifles and Manipur police apprehended the militant from Tarung village on Wednesday, a press release issued by the office of the Inspector General of Assam Rifles (South) said.
The apprehended insurgent was handed over to Lamphel police station of the same district for further investigation and legal action, the release added.
- Assam: First-ever dog cemetery commissioned in Sonapur
- Witness says NCB official demanded Rs 25 cr from Shah Rukh Khan to release son
- Process of sanctioning new China border battalions for ITBP in final stage: Rai
- NIT Sikkim’s permanent campus to be ready in 3 years: minister
- Elephant dies due to electrocution in Assam
- Sikkim reports 32 new COVID-19 cases, tally rises to 31,900