Imphal: Security forces apprehended an active cadre of proscribed militant outfit Zeliangrong United Front (ZUF), J group from Manipur’s Imphal West district, an Assam Rifles release said on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, a combined team of Assam Rifles and Manipur police apprehended the militant from Tarung village on Wednesday, a press release issued by the office of the Inspector General of Assam Rifles (South) said.
The apprehended insurgent was handed over to Lamphel police station of the same district for further investigation and legal action, the release added.
- Bhaichung Bhutia joins Bharat Jodo Yatra; bats for ILP in Sikkim
- Congratulations pour in for Team India as they lift U-19 women’s T20 World Cup
- Rang Ghar will be promoted to place it on world tourism map: Assam CM
- Tripura 2023: Left to leave ‘few more’ seats to Congress
- Meghalaya 2023: Cong will win 10 seats in Garo Hills, says Deborah Marak
- Himanta to accompany Tripura CM for filing nomination in Assembly polls