Bharatiya Janata Paty leader (BJP) Smriti Irani, is on a 2-day visit to Manipur, ahead of the Assembly elections, due in the state, sometime between February – March next year.
The Union Cabinet Minister for Women & Child Development, arrived at Imphal’s Bir Tikendrajit International Airport, where she was welcomed by BJP party leaders and workers.
Irani visited the City Convention Center, to attend Poshan Maah function, where she also delivered the keynote address. The event was organised by the Social Welfare Department of Manipur.
Her itinerary includes distribution of medicinal plants to Anganwadi workers and interacting with them. She will also be donating nutri-kits to pregnant women, lactating mothers and adolescent girls.
Irani is also scheduled to have a discussion with Manipur CM N Biren Singh at the Secratariat in Basapura, Imphal, over several issues and will attend another event at the District Panchayat Resource Center on September 12.
Sunday’s event will begin with a plantation of medicinal plants followed by launch of an anaemia camp. The Union Minister will then flag off a Poshan Cycle Rally and Poshan Walk, after delivering her keynote speech.
After Congress’ appointment of N Loken Singh as the new MPCC chief, major political parties have all eyes on Manipur with one aim – to bag majority in the state’s 60 member House.
- India will resume work in at least 20 stalled projects in Afghanistan: Taliban
- President Murmu extends best wishes to team India for successful G20 presidency
- Manipur: UFC Gym India opens newest club in Imphal
- Active Covid cases in country decline to 4,767
- India’s G20 agenda will be inclusive, ambitious, action-oriented, decisive: PM
- 25,703 People Living with HIV in Assam: ASACS