The Jiribam district in Manipur became the first district in Manipur to vaccinate 100 percent of its population. Taking note of the same, the Manipur CM, on Wednesday in an event announced that the district would be awarded Rs 20 lakh for the achievement.
Chief Minister N Biren Singh also said the the state is ready to face any potential third wave as the state has already improved its health care and infrastructure and increased the manpower to fight the pandemic.
The vaccination drive in Manipur’s Jiribam stared Feb 9, 2021 initially with healthcare and frontline workers and later extended to 18 years plus. The District Health authority has planned 431 session, in which 423 had been completed till yesterday, including far-flung villages.
- Manipur: How dumping sites turned into street libraries in Tamenglong
- Tripura: Mysterious death of a family, Opposition leader demands probe
- Meghalaya: George Lyngdoh resigns from TMC citing ‘personal reasons’
- Manipur’s biggest achievement in 7 decades: Biren Singh on peace pact with UNLF
- Now, you can fly directly to Bangkok from Guwahati
- ‘Animal’ review: A monstrous attack on feminism, wokeism