The Jiribam district in Manipur became the first district in Manipur to vaccinate 100 percent of its population. Taking note of the same, the Manipur CM, on Wednesday in an event announced that the district would be awarded Rs 20 lakh for the achievement.
Chief Minister N Biren Singh also said the the state is ready to face any potential third wave as the state has already improved its health care and infrastructure and increased the manpower to fight the pandemic.
The vaccination drive in Manipur’s Jiribam stared Feb 9, 2021 initially with healthcare and frontline workers and later extended to 18 years plus. The District Health authority has planned 431 session, in which 423 had been completed till yesterday, including far-flung villages.
- KFC in Sikkim: Interesting facts about the chicken with ‘secret ingredient’
- SC allows women to take NDA exam in Nov, says entry can’t be postponed
- Pakistan claims email threat sent to NZ cricket team from India
- Infosys to develop quantum computing capabilities on Amazon Web services
- Elon Musk says Inspiration4 astronauts had toilet trouble in space
- Guwahati: Save Bharalu Mission Group launches campaign to revive the river