Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad took additional charge as Governor of Manipur on Thursday.
Prasad was sworn-in on Thursday at the Manipur Raj Bhawan in Imphal.
The Chief Justice of Manipur, High Court Judge P V Sanjay Kumar, administered the oath of office and secrecy.
The ceremony was attended by Manipur CM N Biren Singh, Minister Thongam Bishwarjit Singh, Minister S Rajen Singh, Minister Th Satyabarta Singh and Manipur Deputy Speaker K Robindro along with Manipur Chief Secretary Dr Rajesh Kumar & official of the state Government.
Ganga Prasad took the charge of Governor after Najma Heptulla went for leave till 16th of this month.
- Major haul of explosives in West Bengal, 2 arrested
- How Dibrugarh Uni’s ragging case exposes Indian higher education institutions
- First Sylhet-Silchar fest marking Indo-Bangla cultural ties begins Friday
- Why Bollywood is lining up to shoot its films in the Northeast
- How Tripura’s toxic sewage is raising a stench in Bangladesh
- India will resume work in at least 20 stalled projects in Afghanistan: Taliban