Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad took additional charge as Governor of Manipur on Thursday.
Prasad was sworn-in on Thursday at the Manipur Raj Bhawan in Imphal.
The Chief Justice of Manipur, High Court Judge P V Sanjay Kumar, administered the oath of office and secrecy.
The ceremony was attended by Manipur CM N Biren Singh, Minister Thongam Bishwarjit Singh, Minister S Rajen Singh, Minister Th Satyabarta Singh and Manipur Deputy Speaker K Robindro along with Manipur Chief Secretary Dr Rajesh Kumar & official of the state Government.
Ganga Prasad took the charge of Governor after Najma Heptulla went for leave till 16th of this month.
- Manipur: Bollywood actor Randeep Hooda marries Lin Laishram in Imphal
- Women’s rights in the balance as India weighs criminalising marital rape
- Nagaland: Water supply halted in Kohima after one found dead in reservoir
- Northeast Petroleum Union calls off strike after govt discussion
- Violence or poverty? The stark choice for many women
- Shillong Teer Result today: Check winners of Shillong Teer for November 29