Sikkim Governor Ganga Prasad took additional charge as Governor of Manipur on Thursday.
Prasad was sworn-in on Thursday at the Manipur Raj Bhawan in Imphal.
The Chief Justice of Manipur, High Court Judge P V Sanjay Kumar, administered the oath of office and secrecy.
The ceremony was attended by Manipur CM N Biren Singh, Minister Thongam Bishwarjit Singh, Minister S Rajen Singh, Minister Th Satyabarta Singh and Manipur Deputy Speaker K Robindro along with Manipur Chief Secretary Dr Rajesh Kumar & official of the state Government.
Ganga Prasad took the charge of Governor after Najma Heptulla went for leave till 16th of this month.
- Minor earthquake jolts Arunchal Pradesh
- Charanjit Singh Channi to be next CM of Punjab
- Biden pitching partnership after tough stretch with allies
- Young Indians are highly vulnerable to cardiac ailments: Here’s why
- Witnesses say explosion targets Taliban, 2nd in as many days
- Assam: This social entrepreneur duo is building communities with tea and art