Imphal: The Manipur government has assured state government jobs for all athletes who represented India at the recently-concluded Tokyo Olympics.
Chief Minister N Biren Singh said the state cabinet in its recent meeting had decided to reserve 18 posts for Olympians of the state in the Youth Affairs and Sports Department, Government of Manipur.
Five athletes from Manipur competed in the Tokyo Olympics.
While attending the reception programme of India’s Men’s Hockey team midfielder and Bronze medallist Sangrakpam Nilakanta Sharma at his residential village at Kontha Ahallup, in Imphal East of Manipur, Biren Singh also stated that the state government would build an ‘Olympian Park’ dedicated to all the Olympians of Manipur in the Sangaithel area in Lansing.
Around 2 acres of land in Imphal West District has been allocated by the government.
The Chief Minister further informed that the created posts included 10 posts of Assistant Director for participants, five posts of Deputy Director for medal winners and three posts of Joint Director for Gold Medal winners at Olympic Games.
- What? Over ₹900 crore gets credited to bank accounts of 2 boys in Bihar
- Meghalaya MLAs question govt over Assam Cattle Bill 2021
- Instagram video: MP woman booked for dancing in the middle of road
- No license needed for rickshaws, state holiday on 17 Sept: Assam Cabinet
- Assam’s Victor Das thought cops would find his father’s killers. It’s been a year
- Don’t worry if children contract Covid but are asymptomatic: Experts