New Delhi: The Union government has deployed a multi-disciplinary team to Manipur in view of rising number of COVID-19 cases in the state.
“Central Government deploys a multi-disciplinary team to Manipur in view of rising number of COVID-19 cases being reported in the state. The team will aid state’s ongoing efforts in COVID-19 management,” Union Health Minister Mansukh Mandaviya said in a tweet on Wednesday.
Nine districts in Manipur after Kerala’s 10 districts reported more than 10 per cent weekly positivity in the week ending August 2, according to health ministry officials.
Two districts in the state also witnessed increasing trend in daily new COVID-19 cases during the last four weeks.
Also read | Manipur celebrates hockey player Nilakanta Sharma’s Olympic bronze
- Blackpink member Jisoo tests COVID-19 positive, to miss [BORN PINK] World Tour shows in Japan
- India committed to enhancing ties with Nepal: President Murmu
- Assam: Tezpur Univ to host conference on India’s rich heritage
- Naga club vandalism: NSF directs members to hoist black flags
- Northeast Startup Festival held in Singapore
- UPSC offers alternative centres to Manipur candidates to appear for test