The Manipur health department on Friday allowed self-tests using COVID-19 home-testing kits under strict guidelines.
Individuals opting for self-testing should only use kits approved by the Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), Director of Health Services Dr K Rajo said on Friday.
According to Rajo, only 3 home-testing kits have been approved by the ICMR and allowed to be sold for use by individuals – CoviSelf (PathoCatch); PanBio COVID-19 Antigen Rapid Test Device and CoviFind COVID-19 (Rapid Ag Self Test).
The official said only registered pharmacies are allowed to sell the kits after prior permission from the State Drug Controller, Directorate of Health Services, Manipur through the concerned Chief Medical Officer of the district.
The authorised pharmacies will need to maintain a list of buyers along with their contact details to share with the concerned CMO/DSO on a daily basis, the official said.
All users of the home-testing kits will need to download the Home testing Mobile App and register themselves and upload the test result.
The state surveillance officials said the health department will continue to carry out the house-to-house testing drives in all districts of Manipur, except Ukhrul.
Meanwhile, Manipur reported a total of 874 COVID cases (till 6:30 pm), out of 6,673 samples tested, with a positivity rate of 13.09%. So far, the pandemic has claimed 1,541 lives in Manipur, after another 20 succumbed today.
- Rasik Mohan Chakma removed for holding ‘office of profit’
- BTS at UNGA: ARMY call them inspiration for future generations
- BJP worker trampled to death by elephants in Assam
- Heroin worth Rs 3.5 crore seized in Assam’s Karbi Anglong
- Assam Jobs: DEE Assam announces 9354 teacher vacancies, see details
- Sikkim’s Bkey Agarwal finishes second in Nepal’s Comedy Champion