New Delhi: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday filed a charge sheet at a special court in Imphal against two terrorists of the Manipur-based militant group United National Liberation Front (UNLF) in a case of attacking two security forces in the state, an official said.
Lisham Ibosana Meitei and Konsam Manithoi Singh have been charged with the relevant provisions of the Indian Penal Code (IPC), UA (P) Act and the Explosive Substances Act, an official of the premier investigation agency said.
The case, registered in January in Imphal West, relates to lobbing a hand grenade by unknown persons at security forces at Raj Bhavan Gate in Imphal, he said.
The accused were part of a deep-rooted conspiracy to execute terrorist acts with an aim to terrorise the general population and to wage a war against India, the NIA official said.
This crime was carried out by the accused on the direction of the hierarchy of the UNLF, who had arranged explosives for them, the official said, adding that further investigation in the case is underway.
- Rs 50,000 ex-gratia to kin of those who lost lives to COVID: Centre to SC
- Border issue: Khasi Hills council chief unhappy over exclusion
- Researchers have figured why COVID cases continue to rise in Mizoram
- RN Ravi formally relieved as interlocutor for Naga peace talks
- Manipur CM Biren Singh shows off football skills in friendly match
- Saree: Netizens wreak havoc on Delhi restaurant for denying woman entry