Imphal: With a 10-day COVID-19 lockdown across Manipur all set to begin from Sunday, many people in various parts of Imphal rushed to their local vegetable vendors, and shops resulting in panic buying.
Long queues were also witnessed at ATMs across Imphal.
According to an order issued by the concerned district magistrate, only a few limited, essential activities would be allowed during the curfew period.
This includes water and power services, movement of LPG distribution & goods trucks, police, telecom and internet services; activities related to agriculture and horticulture and garbage clearance activities. Petrol pumps and key govt departments will also continue functioning.
Meanwhile, the Manipur Police’s crackdown on SOP violators guidelines continued, with 166 persons detained and released later. The Police collected a fine of Rs 60,650 from the violators. So far, cumulatively, since the onset of the pandemic, the state Police has collected a total fine of Rs 2,45,05,460 from 1,52,115 violators across 16 districts of Manipur.
- Modi dials Mamata, assures all help to mitigate flood situation in Bengal
- Nagaland Lottery August 4: Check Dear Torsa Morning lottery result
- Lovlina: Disappointed, ‘will celebrate Olympic bronze with vacation’
- Ruckus in Assam assembly over boundary clashes with Mizoram
- Tripura: BSF jawan dies by suicide in Khowai district
- Tokyo: Greek swimmers ruled out after COVID-19 cases