Imphal: Manipur continues to witness a high fatality rate of COVID-19, with 22 more persons succumbing to the virus. The state also recorded 796 positive cases on Tuesday.
The state’s tally of confirmed cases and death toll stand at 79,417 and 1,309 respectively.
The total active cases in Manipur in the last 24 hours reached 7,706, of which 3,057 persons are in home isolation according to the latest state’s health bulletin.
The new cases, including eight personnel from CAPF, were tested positive at RIMS (15), JNIMS (99), district hospitals (452) and other testing facilities (230).
According to the state-level COVID-19 deaths audit committee, the latest deaths were reported from Imphal West (5), Kakching (5), Bishnupur (4), Imphal East (3), Chandel (2), Churachandpur (1), Kangpokpi (1) and Thoubal (1).
Also, the new cases include 199 from Imphal East, 165 from Imphal West, 120 from Churachandpur, 80 from Bishnupur, 78 from Thoubal, 47 from Kakching, 27 from Ukhrul, 24 from Senapati, 16 from Tamenglong, 13 from Kangpokpi, 12 from Jiribam, eight from Chandel, three each from Kamjong and Tengnoupal and one from Pherzawl districts, respectively.
In the last 24 hours, apart from the new cases, another 588 persons were discharged while the recovery rate stood at 88.64%. They are from home isolation (227), RIMS (15), JNIMS (7), COVID-19 care centre (120) and community home isolation centres (219).
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence