The number of active COVID-19 cases in the state now stands at 6,610, of which 2,542 are in home isolation.
The new COVID-19 cases, including four personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), were tested positive at RIMS (10), JNIMS (49), district hospitals (608), and other testing facilities (185).
The latest COVID-19 deaths were reported from Imphal East (3), Imphal West (2), Kakching (2), Bishnupur (1) and Thoubal (1).
Of the new COVID-19 cases, 277 were reported from Imphal West, 150 from Imphal East, 97 from Kakching, 95 from Churachandpur, 85 from Thoubal, 66 from Bishnupur, 31 from Kangpokpi, 19 from Senapati, 14 from Chandel, six from Jiribam, five from Tamenglong, four from Tengnoupal, two from Ukhrul and one from Kamjong.
With 959 more persons getting discharged on Friday, the recovery rate now stands at 89.66 per cent.
Of the latest recoveries, 199 were at home isolation, 18 at RIMS, 11 at JNIMS, 100 at COVID-19 care centres and 162 at from community home isolation centres (CHICs). The remaining 469 persons were discharged due to various reasons after reconciliation with reports from IDSP team, home isolation team, community home isolation team and hospitalisation team, said additional health director Dr K Sasheekumar Mangang.
On July 8, a total of 24,675 persons received COVID-19 vaccination, taking the total number of doses to 8,51,377. Of these, 7,59,195 have received the first dose and 92,182 people have received both the doses.
- Nagaland reports 17 new COVID cases, 1 more fatality
- NSCN(IM) invited to Delhi to continue talks: Nagaland CM
- Naga leader murder: JAC calls for 48-hr strike, Manipur govt seeks more time to meet demands
- Assam Speaker in Arunachal to learn about National e-Vidhan (NeVA) project
- Mangalyan: ISRO spacecraft made for 6 months completes 7 years in orbit
- NEET syllabus: Don’t treat doctors as football in power game, warns SC