Imphal: Namoijam Naoba Meetei, a 17-year-old boy from Manipur, has cracked the National Defence Academy (NDA) in his first attempt, securing All India Rank (AIR) of 27.
Meetei hails from Khonghampat Khunou in Imphal and is an NCC Cadet of Sainik School, Imphal. His parents are Namoijam Naran Meetei and Namoijam Premila Leima, and he was raised along with three other siblings.
Apart from Meetei, six other NCC Cadets of Sainik School have made it to the merit list, including Mayanglambam Lucky, Meghnath Soibam, Thokchom Siddharth, Mayanglambam Dinesh, Ramesh Lourembam and Ronendro Angikaar.
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh took to Twitter to congratulate the boys on their achievement. He wrote, “I’m pleased to learn that seven more NCC Cadets of Sainik School, Imphal have now cleared SSB for NDA, taking the total to 13 since Sept last year. I’m proud of the achievements of our young cadets from Manipur who will be serving the world’s most elite armed forces. Jai Hind!”
- Rlys achieves 1,000 MT milestone for FY 2022-23
- Bogtui massacre: CBI arrests slain TMC leader’s stepbrother
- Bodhi Day 2022: Date, History and Significance
- SC directs Centre, RBI to produce demonetisation records
- Arunachal: Four more govt officials held in APPSCCE-2017 paper leak case
- Centre ‘forcefully’ pushing through bills in Parliament: Mamata Banerjee