Imphal: Namoijam Naoba Meetei, a 17-year-old boy from Manipur, has cracked the National Defence Academy (NDA) in his first attempt, securing All India Rank (AIR) of 27.
Meetei hails from Khonghampat Khunou in Imphal and is an NCC Cadet of Sainik School, Imphal. His parents are Namoijam Naran Meetei and Namoijam Premila Leima, and he was raised along with three other siblings.
Apart from Meetei, six other NCC Cadets of Sainik School have made it to the merit list, including Mayanglambam Lucky, Meghnath Soibam, Thokchom Siddharth, Mayanglambam Dinesh, Ramesh Lourembam and Ronendro Angikaar.
Manipur Chief Minister N Biren Singh took to Twitter to congratulate the boys on their achievement. He wrote, “I’m pleased to learn that seven more NCC Cadets of Sainik School, Imphal have now cleared SSB for NDA, taking the total to 13 since Sept last year. I’m proud of the achievements of our young cadets from Manipur who will be serving the world’s most elite armed forces. Jai Hind!”
- Mizoram churches condole death of Assam Police personnel in border clash
- Won’t allow illegal coke factories in East Jaintia Hills: MLA Kyrmen Shylla
- Independent committee to probe ‘rice scam’: Meghalaya govt
- Boundary row: Mizoram Youth Congress seeks President’s intervention
- The Optics of India’s ‘Chinky’ medalists at the Olympics
- Heartbreak as Indian women crash out of Olympic hockey final race