In a notification issued by Imphal West deputy commissioner Th Kirankumar, it was stated that the vaccination camp will be conducted for the vendors of the three Ima Keithels and a temporary market at Khwairamband Bazar in Imphal.
All those women vendors who are yet to be vaccinated have been asked to come and receive the jab.
Only vaccinated vendors or vendors who are regularly tested negative for COVID-19 shall be allowed to sit at Ima Keithel when the market reopens in future, said Kirankumar.
Earlier on April 21, the government announced closure of the iconic Ima Keithel in Imphal, which is run exclusively by women, to tackle the sudden rise of COVID-19 cases in the state.
After the closure of the all-women’s market for almost a year during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the state reopened the market only on February 15, 2021, bringing great relief to the over 4,000 women vendors.
- Sikkim floods: 10 dead, 82 missing, 14 bridges collapse
- Arunachal CM expresses sadness, shock at Sikkim floods
- Sikkim Police notifies road situation; check details here
- Handkerchief or tissue? Which one’s better for our health and the planet?
- Assam: Half marathon event to be held on Oct 29 in Dibrugarh
- RBI approves merger of North East Small Fin Bank, fintech unicorn Slice