In a notification issued by Imphal West deputy commissioner Th Kirankumar, it was stated that the vaccination camp will be conducted for the vendors of the three Ima Keithels and a temporary market at Khwairamband Bazar in Imphal.
All those women vendors who are yet to be vaccinated have been asked to come and receive the jab.
Only vaccinated vendors or vendors who are regularly tested negative for COVID-19 shall be allowed to sit at Ima Keithel when the market reopens in future, said Kirankumar.
Earlier on April 21, the government announced closure of the iconic Ima Keithel in Imphal, which is run exclusively by women, to tackle the sudden rise of COVID-19 cases in the state.
After the closure of the all-women’s market for almost a year during the first wave of the COVID-19 pandemic, the state reopened the market only on February 15, 2021, bringing great relief to the over 4,000 women vendors.
- Mysterious Xinjiang mummies leave archaeologists puzzled
- Book Review: ‘Song of the Soil’ readers will end up saying ‘Baaf Re!”
- 139 children among 547 new COVID-19 cases in Mizoram
- Taiwan defence minister says island must defend itself
- Nine killed as bus falls into gorge in J-K’s Doda district
- Nagaland Lottery October 28: Check Dear Padma Morning lottery result