Imphal: Manipur on Thursday reported 839 new COVID-19 cases and 12 more deaths due to the coronavirus infection. With this, the total COVID-19 caseload in the state increased to 75,180, while the death toll rose to 1,241.
With the new COVID-19 cases, the state’s active caseload mounted to 6,727, of which 2,421 are in home isolation.
The new COVID-19 cases, including six personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), tested positive at RIMS (17), JNIMS (73), district hospitals (550) and other testing facilities (199).
The latest COVID-19 deaths were reported from Imphal West (4), Churachandpur (3), Bishnupur (2), Kakching (1), Kangpokpi (1) and Thoubal (1).
Of the new COVID-19 cases, 318 were reported from Imphal West, 155 from Imphal East, 89 from Kakching, 65 from Churachandpur, 62 from Thoubal, 55 from Bishnupur, 41 from Kangpokpi, 18 from Chandel, 13 from Pherzawl, seven from Ukhrul, six each from Tamenglong and Jiribam, two from Tengnoupal and one from Noney.
Meanwhile, with 634 more persons getting discharged on Wednesday, the recovery rate now stands at 89.40 per cent. Of the latest recoveries, 248 were at home isolation, 15 at RIMS, two at JNIMS, 90 at COVID-19 care centres and 279 at from community home isolation centres (CHICs).
On Wednesday, a total of 30,627 persons received the COVID-19 vaccination, taking the total number of doses to 8,26,702. Of the cumulative doses, 7,35,610 have received the first dose while 91,092 have received both the doses of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Possible link between Alzheimer’s, gut microbiome found in mice: study
- Arunachal: 11 teachers from Diyun Circle honoured for excellent work
- War veteran doctor, snake catchers, ‘Rasna’ creator among Padma awardees
- Tripura tribal leader who played important role in tackling insurgency on Padma list
- In a first, Assam minister unfurls Tricolour along India-Bangla border
- ‘The Whale’ is a horror film that taps into our fear of fatness