Imphal: The Kuki Revolutionary Army (KRA) has announced that it will reward the first three villages under its areas of operation that get fully vaccinated against COVID-19 in Saikul in Manipur’s Kangpokpi district.
KRA is a Kuki insurgent group currently in talks with the government of India and the Manipur government under the Kuki National Organisation (KNO) and is a signatory to the Suspension of Operations (SoO).
In a statement, the outfit said that amidst strong hesitation of getting vaccinated by a majority of the people, the Kuki National Army (KNA)/KNO with utmost care and concern challenges the chiefs and various youth clubs within its operational areas to get its people vaccinated at the earliest.
The first three fully-vaccinated villages will be rewarded with Rs 1 lakh, Rs 60,000 and Rs 40,000, respectively, it said.
“Vaccinate to save lives, roll up sleeves and get vaccinated, let’s make this challenge to make a COVID-19 free Saikul,” it added.
Also read | Two UKLF militants arrested by police in Manipur
Earlier, Manipur chief minister N Biren Singh had announced a cash reward of Rs 20 lakh to the first fully vaccinated assembly constituency to encourage the intensive vaccination drive being carried out across the state.
- Three more people killed, 2 injured in fresh violence in Manipur
- Manipur’s Naga MLAs want status quo in Naga tribal areas
- Guwahati accident: No more digging across city, says district admin
- CBI forms SIT to probe Manipur violence, takes over probe
- How much more bloodshed to bring back normalcy in Manipur?: Actor Priyakanta Laishram
- Transformers: A visual extravaganza with action & fast-paced screenplay