The new COVID-19 cases, including eight personnel of the Central Armed Police Forces (CAPF), were tested at RIMS (11), JNIMS (35), distirct hospitals (299) and other testing centres (163).
The number of active cases in Manipur now stands at 5,930, of which 2,431 patients are in home isolation.
Of the 12 new COVID-19 deaths, three were residents of Imphal East, two each of Bishnupur, Kakching and Thoubal, and one each of Churachandpur, Imphal West and Jiribam districts.
Among the new COVID-19 cases, 200 were reported from Imphal West, 116 from Imphal East, 42 from Kakching, 40 from Churachandpur, 38 from Bishnupur, 28 from Thoubal, 13 from Ukhrul, 11 from Tamenglong, seven each from Chandel and Kangpokpi, three from Senapati and one each from Jiribam, Noney and Tengnoupal.
All the necessary precautionary measures like contact tracing and containment are in place, said additional health director Dr Sasheekumar Mangang.
In the last 24 hours, as many as 578 persons were discharged, of which 251 were in home isolation, 13 at RIMS, nine at JNIMS, 117 at COVID-19 care facilities and the remaining 188 at community health isolation centers (CHICs). The recovery rate now stands at 89.91 per cent.
On June 30, a total of 18,993 people got vaccinated against COVID-19. With this, the cumulative number of people getting vaccinated in the state has gone up to 6,66,625, of which 5,82,280 have received the first dose and 84,345 have received the second dose of the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Sikkim logs 40 new COVID-19 cases, 1 fresh fatality
- Fixed-wing flight services to remote towns of Arunachal Pradesh
- PM urges people to ensure no one is left out of vaccination’s ‘circle of safety’
- Sikkim districts to undergo nomenclature change: CM Golay
- How this social entrepreneur is championing love for voiceless animals
- Assam: 5 of 6 accused deny charges of instigating Gorukhuti violence