Since May 8, the state government has imposed lockdown in Imphal West, Imphal East, Bishnupur, Thoubal, Kakching, Churachandpur and Ukhrul districts in a bid to control the spread of coronavirus.
In a notification, special secretary (home) Gyan Prakash said that the state government will be relaxing the curfew/containment zone orders in a calibrated manner by assessing the COVID-19 infection scenario.
While ‘unlocking’ without compromising on public health and safety, it has been considered prudent to prioritise the opening of institutions, organisations, factories, shops, markets, private offices, etc, where its employees and workers are COVID-19 vaccinated, said the notification.
This would also apply to NREGA job card holders and workers of government / private projects, it added.
Meanwhile, in a bid to scale up COVID-19 vaccination, the state government has also made arrangements for setting up vaccination centres in any area on the request of an organisation or group if the number of beneficiaries is more than 150.
The state government would be ready to arrange special vaccine sessions if the number of beneficiaries is 150 or more, said the notification.
Any organisation or group is welcome to contact the deputy commissioner of the district or the state mission director of National Health Mission (NHM) on the mobile number 9436206298 for organising such sessions, it added.
- 10 ULB militants arrested in Assam
- Lakhs of crores of rupees donated to PM-CARES, where is that money, asks Mamata
- Assam: More DNLA cadre come overground after signing accord
- Assam CM to move Gauhati HC for judicial inquiry into Sipajhar violence
- Home-grown artisans showcase creativity at 2nd Nagaland handmade jewellery exhibition
- China declares all cryptocurrency transactions illegal