Imphal: Troops of Assam Rifles along with the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) foiled an attempt to smuggle contraband items in Tengnoupal’s Moreh town in Manipur on Sunday.
Based on intelligence inputs, the joint team of the Assam Rifles and NCB intercepted two suspects travelling on a motorcycle at the check-post in Mission Veng, said an official.
On thorough checking of the motorcycle, 260 gm of heroin worth Rs 57 lakh was recovered, the official said.
The arrested individuals along with the recovered items and motorcycle were taken into custody by the NCB sleuths for further legal proceedings, the official added.
- Sikkim: Limboo Tamang Committee threatens statewide protest over seat reservation delay
- Tripura 4th in country to launch E-cabinet: Minister
- Meghalaya: Sohra International Half Marathon to be held on Sept 30
- Arunachal: NEHRO alleges fatal use of force by Assam Forest Battalion
- TIPRA’s Pradyot sees delimitation as threat to tribal community
- Nagaland NCC cadets participate in all-India camp in Delhi