Imphal: Troops of Assam Rifles along with the Narcotics Control Bureau (NCB) foiled an attempt to smuggle contraband items in Tengnoupal’s Moreh town in Manipur on Sunday.
Based on intelligence inputs, the joint team of the Assam Rifles and NCB intercepted two suspects travelling on a motorcycle at the check-post in Mission Veng, said an official.
On thorough checking of the motorcycle, 260 gm of heroin worth Rs 57 lakh was recovered, the official said.
The arrested individuals along with the recovered items and motorcycle were taken into custody by the NCB sleuths for further legal proceedings, the official added.
- India talks ‘unprovoked’ aggression by China along border at ‘2+2’ with Russia
- Teaser of Puneeth Rajkumar’s dream project ‘Gandhada Gudi’ released
- Hateful posts: Kangana seeks time to appear before Delhi Assembly panel
- Govt departments, autonomous bodies owe over Rs 244 cr to Air India
- NHRC notice to Centre, Nagaland on killing of civilians in ‘botched up’ operation
- Chinese President Xi calls for tight control over religious affairs